Thursday, July 25, 2013

Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties



I picked up a box of the Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties while at Walmart to have them for dinner (aka brinner).  I usually buy larger sausage patties to make sandwiches, but these looked good and I had heard good things about the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage line.

Cooking them up (well, really only heating them through and browning them a bit) was simple.  Taste wise they really reminded me of regular pork sausage patties. They had that “fatty” flavor that comes with pork sausage, but without all the fat and calories in typical pork sausage.  These weren’t greasy feeling nor did they make me have a stomachache (as some full-fat products sometimes do).  They also don’t have a real turkey flavor to them – they taste more like pork sausage, which is interesting.  Enjoying the sausage with eggs and toast really made a very filling meal.

A serving size is 2 sausages which calculate out to 3 points plus values or you can have 1 sausage patty for 1 points plus value.  Two thumbs up!

QUESTION:
What is your favorite sausage type & brand?

1 comment:

  1. I love this brand too! Congrats on your weight loss. I need to lose 40 lbs.

    ReplyDelete